The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute at Sinai Health in Toronto seeks a highly motivated and talented Research Technician to join the Network Biology Collaborative Centre (NBCC) in Toronto. The ideal candidate will contribute to executing and interpreting proteomics experiments for the research team and/or external partners.
The Network Biology Collaborative Centre is a state-of-the-art facility that provides scientists with a functional understanding of genes and gene products in human health. It comprises complementary facilities that can be used reciprocally to flesh out protein function in health and disease states. As a Proteomics Technician, you will work under the direction of Dr. Anne-Claude Gingras, a renowned expert in protein-protein interactions and cell signalling. The proteomics facility of the NBCC provides collaboration, expert advice, service, training, and open access to advanced mass spectrometry technologies to the local and national scientific community. Our facility currently houses six mass spectrometers, all equipped with NanoLC systems: a Bruker timsTOF SCP, a Bruker timsTOF Pro 2, a Thermo Fusion Lumos Orbitrap, and 3 SCIEX TripleTOF 6600 mass spectrometers. Our team contributed their proteomics expertise to >90 publications in the past 5 years. We work closely as a team and value complementarity in backgrounds and expertise.
As a member of the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute at Sinai Health, you will also be part of a dynamic and collaborative research community at the forefront of biomedical research. The Institute is recognized as one of the leading research institutions in Canada, and it is home to world-class researchers dedicated to improving human health.
The Institute is located in the heart of Toronto, a diverse and multicultural city, with a high quality of life and excellent amenities. As Canada’s largest city, it is a vibrant hub of innovation and research with many world-class institutions and hospitals, making it an ideal location for those who are passionate about scientific discovery.
- Perform proteomic experiments, including sample preparation, LC-MS/MS analysis, and data analysis
- Perform molecular and cell biology experiments, including growing and harvesting cells
- Interpret results and report findings to other members of the research team
- Maintain and troubleshoot LC-MS/MS instrumentation
- Maintain accurate records of all experiments and results
- Contribute to the establishment of protocols and SOP documents
- Ensure laboratory supplies are appropriately stocked and prepare lab reagents
- Assist users with instrument training
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the proteomics facility
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or a related field
- Minimum one (1) year of laboratory experience; more extensive experience will be considered an asset
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Basic proficiency with molecular and cellular biology techniques or chemistry techniques
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and interest in biology and/or analytical chemistry
- Experience in proteomics research and/or sample preparation, such as cell harvest, protein extraction, protein digestion, and sample cleanup is a major asset
- Experience with LC-MS/MS instrumentation is preferred
The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including those from underrepresented communities.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for professional development and growth. If you are passionate about proteomics research and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please apply today.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to Interfolio https://apply.interfolio.com/122171
Applications are accepted until April 15th or until a suitable candidate is identified.