The Baetz lab is looking for a scientifically strong, self-motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate to work in the area of stress biology, cellular metabolism and cancer research. You are a highly innovative scientist with a proven track-record in biochemistry and molecular biology, ideally with a background in yeast genetics and /or functional genomics. The successful candidate will be required to plan experiments, analyze and interpret data, and effectively communicate results. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a record of a strong work ethic, successful supervision of trainees, while being in a cooperative and fast-paced work environment.
PhD in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry (or closely related field) and Postdoctoral or work experience in an intensive research environment. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Saccharomyces cerevisiae research and/or cell cycle or metabolism research.
- Expertise in a variety of basic and specialized laboratory techniques and procedures, including advanced microscopy, qPCR, protein purification, CRISPR and cloning. Preference will be given to candidates with yeast genetics or functional genomics expertise.
- Experience microbiological techniques
- Skills and/or experience supervising and training students
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn and integrate new techniques & methodologies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills required, including demonstrated ability to prepare publications independently.
- Statistical experience is an asset, but not essential
Additionally you will:
- In collaboration with Dr Baetz, you will design, develop, and execute laboratory experiments leading your own research project (50%)
- Supervise and train new graduate and undergraduate students (20%)
- General Laboratory management: ordering, maintaining financial records, supervises all aspects of the laboratory including implementation and adherence to all applicable safety regulations and maintaining laboratory equipment (20%)
- Preparation of figures using computer software and writing/editing documents (10%)
If this job is right for you and you are ready for the next stage in your career -please send your cover letter, CV and names of three references to email@example.com