Scientist – Discovery Protein Science
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Interested candidates can apply through this link: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.yDp2.y-K
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will join the Discovery Protein Science group at our Amgen British Columbia site. Discovery Protein Science is responsible for designing and executing on the generation of key enabling reagents to support early discovery of small and large molecule therapeutics and cutting-edge novel modalities.
This role offers potential for advancement and career development. If you have a passion for science and want to be part of an organization discovering new medicines that will impact patients’ lives, we invite you to join us!
- You will be joining the High Throughput (HT) Protein Solutions Team with a focus on leveraging HT methods to produce and validate diverse proteins from microbial systems.
- Responsible for developing and implementing HT methods to produce and validate diverse proteins from microbial systems.
- Developing HT expression methods paired with HT purification and biophysical characterization to aid development of therapeutics from de novo designed protein libraries.
- Actively drive collaborations with Amgen’s computational design and structure teams to further understand and characterize these novel molecules.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek will have a strong scientific background in the production of proteins from microbial systems, experience applying HT methods to molecule production and a deep scientific curiosity. These individuals will also have a track record of creative problem-solving and enthusiasm for tackling difficult research challenges.
Master’s degree and 4 years of scientific experience
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of scientific experience
- Degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline
- A track record of scientific accomplishments in protein production and characterization as evidenced by publications, patents, or pipeline contributions
- Broad knowledge of microbial expression systems including E. coli and insect cells
- Expertise in purifying diverse protein types using multiple chromatographic methods (e.g. affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion)
- Expertise in the biophysical characterization of proteins, developability assays, and analytical instrumentation
- Experience with growing efficiency through automation
- Experience in an industrial setting
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated scientific analysis and problem-solving skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If interested, please apply through this link: