Join the CSMB to become part of a strong community of scientists which aims to
Advocate for Research
Celebrate Canadian Science
- Call to join the CSMB Trainee CommitteeThe Canadian Society for Molecular Biosciences (CSMB) is looking for new trainee members (graduate students and postdocs) to join the CSMB Trainee Committee. Nominations are currently being solicited for the following positions, with positions being held for one year including the option of continuation:
- Promoting Research Opportunities for Latin American Biochemists (PROLAB) program accepting applications until Feb 29, 2024Now accepting applications for the Promoting Research Opportunities for Latin American Biochemists (PROLAB) program. The PROLAB program gives graduate students and postdoctoral fellows the opportunity to spend up to six months in U.S. or Canadian laboratories. The application deadline is Feb. 29.
- Read our year-end newsletterWe invite you to read our year-end newsletter today! Contents Letter from the President, Hans-Joachim Wieden Call for nominations – 2024 CSMB Awards CSMB Arthur Wynne Gold Medal CSP Senior Investigator Award Jeanne Manery Fisher Memorial Lecture CSMB New Investigator Award CSMB Meetings CSMB 2023 Meeting in Ottawa CSMB 2024 Meeting in Winnipeg CSMB Trainees… Read more: Read our year-end newsletter
- The CSMB applauds recommendations by the Science and Research committee to increase support for graduate scholarships and postdoctoral fellowshipsThe Science and Research Committee report on the study of “ GOVERNMENT OF CANADA’S GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AND POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS” was tabled today in the House of Commons. The entire report is available here. Recommendations made by committee members are favourable and aligned with the recommendations CSMB put forward in our submission response. For reference, see the… Read more: The CSMB applauds recommendations by the Science and Research committee to increase support for graduate scholarships and postdoctoral fellowships
- CSMB and Temple Scott holds a Government Relations Advocacy Training on December 7, 2023The CSMB and Temple Scott Associates held an Effective Advocacy Webinar In this session, the CMSB and TSA discussed the foundations of government relations and tips for effective lobbying. Subjects covered : What is CSMB advocating for at the federal level? How can CSMB members enhance CSMB’s federal advocacy? Tips for effective meetings with parliamentarians. Election… Read more: CSMB and Temple Scott holds a Government Relations Advocacy Training on December 7, 2023
Become a member
Become a member of the CSMB
See all member benefits
CSMB 2024 Meeting
Each year the CSMB offers multiple Research and Student awards. Learn more:
CSMB Virtual Seminars
Sign up to give a seminar in the CSMB Virtual Seminar series 2023-2024
View job advertisements posted on our website
The CSMB is proud to have partnered with the Michael Smith Laboratories at the University of British Columbia (UBC) and the Gairdner Foundation to create a series of animated videos and illustrated materials that help explain the work and research of the Canada Gairdner award winners.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The mandate of the CSMB is to advance and promote molecular biosciences in Canada. We are committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility in the community of molecular biosciences. It is only by leveraging all of our human capital that we will reach our full potential. We believe that all members, visitors and event participants should be treated with dignity, respect and kindness. CSMB does not tolerate any form of discrimination (age, cultural background, ethnicity/race, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, neurodiversity, political affiliation, parental role, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic circumstance). CSMB is committed to proactively promoting a culture of equity, diversity and inclusivity through the work of our board members and committees by identifying and tackling barriers to participation.